Tuesday, April 29, 2014

4/29/2014

4/29/2014
How's it goin', journal? Well, for me, it's pretty boring. That homeless guy I wrote about yesterday? He's still in that cardboard box back behind the resturaunt, and today, I found him chowing down on a rabbit.Granted, the rabbit wasn't exactly anybody's pet, but it's still a defenseless animal being eaten by a homeless guy that was supposed to be in a shelter by now. I guess Mr. Hammond was either too busy today, or the cops couldn't take him or something. Either way, the guy freaks the crap out of me.
School was plenty boring, too. I spent most of the day wondering why half the damn school didn't show up, and the rest of the day wondering why I cared about half the school not showing up. Either way, all anybody did was the usual work: English, Geometry, Chemistry, Gym, yadda, yadda, yadda and yadda. Each class almost seemed more boring than the last, and that was accomplishing something.
Some some weird stuff in the news before I hopped on my bike and pedalled to school. I guess some cops got attacked by some methed-up dirtbags in a raid last night. Makes me glad I never jumped in on the habit when somebody brought some to school, otherwise I might have been like one of those meth heads the cops took down. Still, one cop had to go to the hospital because he was bitten. Crazy guys, I'll tell you.
When Karen and I got to work, after school, Mr. Hammond immediately gave us the day off. After the lunchtime rush, the place emptied pretty quick, and he decided to close early to give himself a rest. He and I are the only two cooks, and Karen and Sasha Wilkes are the only two waitresses. Sasha went into a coughing fit as soon as Karen and I showed up. I guess she was doing that most of the day, wearing a surgical mask.
So, with a day to ourselves, Karen and I took a little hike into town to catch a movie. It was both pretty romantic and more than a little creepy that she and I were the only two people in the theater. Romantic, because we spent the entire two and a half hours of the second Hobbit movie making out; creepy, because the projectionist was probably watching us the whole time instead of the movie. If it was my friend Eric, I knew he was watching us, the guy's a major perv.
After the movie, we went back to the resturaunt, where I cooked us up a little meal, Karen's dad, too. It's rare when we get the whole joint to ourselves because we're usually dealing with the dinnertime crowd, whose names we all know by heart. Small town, plenty of regulars. About the only time new faces come in is the lunchtime rush, when truckers and commuters of all shapes and sizes are passing by.
After dinner, we spent the rest of the night cuddling on the couch, where we kept going back and forth between The Voice and The Originals, because there was nothing else on. I popped a DVD in just as a news report that neither one of us wanted to watch came on. After leaving Karen with a goodnight kiss and heading home, I sat down here at my desk and started writing in you, journal. I gotta say, maybe Karen's onto something with this journal-writing thing. Helps me clear my head just before I go to bed. Nighty-night, journal. See ya tomorrow. Or, Thursday. Wednesdays can be pretty exhausting at the resturaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment